Monday, November 9, 2009

Chandler is That You?


On television and in the movies, you always see a person in a lovely, roomy, bathtub, surrounded by candles. These people are always happy and obviously enjoying themselves. It's not that way in my life, I find baths boring and inconvenient. I prefer showers.

As part of the therapy that my butt doctor prescribed, I am supposed to sit in a super hot bath once a day. So Saturday night, there I was, sitting in our crummy little tub with the radio on, and no candles. Once in a while one of the cats or Chandler would wander in to say hello and break up the monotony, but other than that it was a bore. I had been sitting there about ten minutes, and had just said goodbye to Chandler when the room suddenly went black. Not just dark, but pitch black, with not even a pin hole of light to be seen. The power had gone out again. I sat there for a few seconds waiting for my eyes to adjust to the darkness, but there was no adjusting to be done because the entire neighborhood had gone black. Still sitting there, naked, in the dark, in the tub, I suddenly felt the warm wetness of Chandler's tongue on my cheek. It was time to get out of there. Lest I leave you with the image of me stumbling around the house naked and wet, searching for a flashlight, I'll tell you that I had a towel handy.

It took the power company three hours to finally turn the electric back on, and having no TV, or even a light to read by, I settled in with a couple of cocktails, and listened to the silence. I’ll still do my little sitz bath in the future, but the next time I’ll light the candles before I get in the tub. It’ll be so romantic.

5 comments:

  1. I hope it was the one on your face...

    ReplyDelete
  2. For someone who lives in a hurricane zone, I'm surprised you don't have battery powered L.E.D. lanterns handy...
    I even have a little battery powered DVD with a screen and I'm only in a tornado zone...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why not get a hot tub for your back deck? There are small portable ones out there for as little as $800. Of course you'll need a screen tent to put in in and a cover so the coons don't poop in it. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anon, Yes on my face.

    Steven, I have a portable DVD player, but Mark has it squirreled away, and it probably isn't charged up. Also we have plenty of flashlights, and lanterns. I just don't bring them into the bathtub with me.

    Garet, Thank you for offering to buy us a hot tub.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can only afford an old used cast iron bath tub for you guys to used as a hot tub.

    You'll have to get your own firewood to build a fire underneath it. hehe

    ReplyDelete