Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I Have A Stalker

I don't know if it is the same everywhere, but here in South Florida when you are going through the mall parking lot, you often get stuck behind a very slow moving car. The car is moving slowly because the driver is stalking somebody who is walking to their car. There can be hundreds of open spaces just fifty feet away, but no, these mopes are moving along at a snails pace, and then blocking the aisle while the person who's space they are coveting, loads up their vehicle with bags and bags of crap. Mark, is one of those stalkers.

We go out every Friday for a few drinks, and usually the parking is quite scarce, so Mark stalks. This past Friday, Mark spotted a couple of old guys coming from the wrinkle room across from the bar we hang out in. It was an agonizingly slow procession, as Mark pulled up behind them while they doddered along. When they finally got to their car, it took them at least five minutes to just open the doors and get in, then it took almost as long before we finally saw the lights come on, followed by a very slow crawl out of the parking space. At last we were able to pull into the spot. I say they were purposely taking their time and being dicks, just to screw with us, something that I would never do. However, even though I don't drive anymore, sometimes I do like to walk through parking lots with my keys out. I often can get a ten car parade behind me.

4 comments:

  1. Isn't it just a couple of months away before you will be hanging out in that "wrinkle room"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That drives me crazy. I'd rather park and walk a distance than wait on somebody to move.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You hit the nail on the head. I have seen this happen so many times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stalkers need to move to the side so the rest of us can get by as we look for our own spot! And don't bother waiting for me, if I have to use my cellphone I do it before I start moving!

    ReplyDelete