Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I Hope He Doesn't Try To Bury A Smart Car

I just got back from taking Chandler for his walk and I am lucky to still have an arm and a dog. It seems that he has picked up some very crazy behavior, and it might be my fault. When he was young, he would try to chase down bicycles, and skate boarders, then one day he tried to catch a school bus. I thought it was funny and kind of gave him a little extra leash. It seemed to amuse the kids on the bus, so the next morning I let him try to catch the bus again. Whatever the hell is going on in his mind when he does that is anybody's guess, but I'm sure he wouldn't know what to do with the bus if he did catch it. Unfortunately, he now wants to run down everything that passes us as we walk down the road.

This evening, As Chandler was pooping in his designated spot on the church lawn, a small car quietly rolled by. It was so silent that I didn't hear it until it was almost right next to us. Chandler, however, heard it. He immediately stopped his pooping, and tore off after the car, barking wildly, and in the process wrenching my arm almost out of the socket. Amazingly, he actually caught this one, and scared the hell out of me as he bounced off the door. Chandler is fine, and the car and it's driver have recovered, but damn, what am I going to do if too many of those new silent electric cars start showing up? I'll have to get Chandler a helmet.

7 comments:

  1. Maybe you should get a helmet too, and knee pads and elbow pads and a big pillow for your butt...

    ReplyDelete
  2. His butt IS a big pillow!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pooping on the church lawn! Isn't that sacrilegious!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That church went to the dogs years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shitting on the church lawn? LOL

    Poor baby. Glad he's okay.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My take on the church lawn is that, they don't pay real estate taxes, so that makes their lawn a free fire poop zone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet the driver of that car shit their pants. Good stuff! I'm glad your pup was ok, though. I personally enjoy letting my dog poo in the lawn of the LDS church when I visit my in-laws. he he he

    ReplyDelete