Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Low Places

Recently a lot of people in Chicago got their boxer briefs in a bunch because Justin Bieber stepped on the Blackhawk Hockey Team logo. I'm not sure if they're upset because Bieber is such a tool, or because the paint on the logo wasn't dry yet. Either way, if you put something on the ground, at some time, somebody or something is going to step on it. In this case it was the latter.

Last week some people who were marketing something or other, went through our neighborhood. To mark which houses they had already approached, they stuck small United States Flags in the ground near the street. I was unaware of the salespeople coming around as they never seem to bother us (Thank you Chandler). When I asked the lady down the street what all the flags were about, she explained it, and then remarked what a good idea that was. I don't think so, I don‘t think it was such a clever idea. Every ten or twenty feet there is a proper United States Flag right next to the street, about a foot tall. Right where I walk Chandler, right at the level where he is looking to lift his leg and squirt. Now I have tried to keep him from pissing on the American Flag, but there are a lot of them out there. They have been stuck in the ground now for about six days, and they are starting to all take on a distinct yellow tinge. Which leads me to believe that Chandler is not the only dog relieving himself inappropriately.

3 comments: